Paolo is an expert in data with 10 years of experience building and growing international data teams, as the first data hire in Criteo Italy and later charged with building Swile data function from scratch
He has a track record of creating value through analytics, data science, and data products that have generated 15M€ in revenue
Focused on democratizing data access and enable self-service capabilities across departments to maximize impact of data
He can help you in building out your data function and in finding ways to maximize value from data across your organization
- Managed a team of 15 people (13 analysts, 2 managers) across France, Italy, Spain, Turkey and Eastern Europe (This region accounts for 40% of EMEA and 10% of global Criteo revenues).
- Led effort to rethink and define the strategy of the Operations team (Analytics, Techincal, Creative) for Key Accounts in EMEA
- Currently leading effort across EMEA to transform a team of 40+ "generalist" data analyst in "specialist" roles.
- Managed a team of 13 people (11 analysts, 2 managers) across France, Italy, Spain, Turkey and Eastern Europe (This region accounts for 40% of EMEA and 10% of global Criteo revenues).
- Introduced OKRs in the team improving prioritization, alignment and accountability.
- Analyzed work of the team across 1 year in order to build a proposal of Service Levels Agreement for clients. This has been adopted worldwide since 2018
Ideated and led the creation of a new product now known as "Commerce Audience" which enables targeting based on product categories, product pricing, brand interest, gender, purchasing power
- Winner of global Criteo Hackathon in 2018
- Lobbied C-level to staff the project
- Worked with R&D and Product team for go-to-market
- Commerce Audience has generated >3M€ since its launch
- Managed a team of 6 data analysts in Paris working on Large Customer clients in France (#1 EMEA market)
- Built team KPIs for continuous improvement on people analytics, hiring, efficiency, capacity, client meetings.
- Improved tenure in the team by 51% (from 1.6 years to 2.5 years).
- Set common hiring process across SEEAX team, to maintain standards as number of interviewers grew.
- Created and taught “Storytelling with data” course to 10+ teams in Criteo across functions (Sales, Ops, Product, Central)
- Worked in collaboration with other analytics team to define Career Path for Data Analyst / Data Scientist in Criteo
- Built and led a team of 4 analysts in Milan, including recruiting, ramp-up, objectives setting and coaching.
- Built a local solution to expand Criteo branding offering (>10M€ to date)
- Launched AX Labs initiative to support innovation through 10% time for Data Analysts
- Launched local training initiative for commercial teams to increase their knowledge on Criteo products and analytical stack.
- Influenced direction of Italian business: helped MD define strategy through country-wide analysis, internal QBRs
- Winner of EMEA Team Superstars award in 2015
- First place worldwide (out of 150 analysts) in internal competition on analytics and product knowledge.
- Lectures at Cattolica and Bocconi where I also organized a project for Master's students with real-life datasets.
- Joined the newly created Italian office as the only data analyst handling 300+ Large Clients and performing advertiser analysis and optimizations (SQL, Pyhton, Tableau).
- Partnered with MD to address strategic topics (e.g. agency rebates definition, prioritization of prospects).
- Developed a series of 11 Reports tackling various aspects of competitive intelligence which have been the global standard at Criteo since.
- Developed what is still today (in 2020) the most used internal report worldwide
From February 2015 to October 2016 I was put in charge of Criteo #1 Client worldwide
- Managed Criteo #1 client through 2 years of strong growth (+60% YoY, 2x EMEA average)
- Regular partnership with Product and R&D teams, influencing product roadmap, testing new features to help develop the Criteo offer
- Interactions and presentations to Criteo leadership (C-level)
- Designed and handled Incrementality tests for 2 years In partnership with the product team pushing forward Criteo understanding and solutions for incrementality.
- Participated in People Analytics hackathon project, helping managers find best people to give feedback on team members
- Winner of EMEA Team Superstars award in 2015
I designed PERSEUS, a personalized education system, that applies Artificial
Intelligence and Machine Learning techniques to Personalized Education to
tailor the learning process to individual students.
The system guides students to their educational goals through the delivery of learning material in the form of a sequential decision-making problem.
Perseus recommends which content to deliver and which tests to give to each student to guide them optimally to their learning goals, by taking into account their performance, their preferences and their needs.