Baptiste Forestier holds a Master's degree in Business and Banking Law, and has more than 8 years of experience within regulated fintechs. He began his career as Head of KYC & Operational Compliance at Lemon Way, a payment specialist for marketplaces.
In 2019, he started at Spendesk, now the 26th French unicorn, as Head of Compliance. In particular, he helped obtain a payment institution license from the ACPR (French regulator) and also contributed to the opening of its market in the United States.
He recently joined Hero, a booming B2B BNPL start-up, as their new Head of Compliance.
Hero is the financial OS for SMEs. We power SMEs' growth in Europe through better access to liquidity.
LinkCy is the White Label Banking solution (via App or API) for Global Market in Europe.
Its Plug And Play service enables all Companies to offer accounts (IBANS) and payment cards (Visa / Mastercard) to their users without any regulatory burden, in just a few minutes, compared to 9 to 12 months of technical and regulatory development with other Banking As A Service (BAAS) platforms.
LinkCy is a French fintech start-up incubated at Sation F with BNP Paribas & Plug And Play.
- Obtention of a Payment Institution license from the ACPR (French regulator)
- Creation of the Compliance Dpt. « from scratch » & Optimization of all compliance
related processes (KYB, transfers management, cards orders, frauds,..)
- Main point of contact with our regulated partners (SFPMEI, TPL & Marqeta)
- KYB management (mandate given by SFPMEI & TPL)
- Establishment of the regulatory context for the opening of the US market
- Implementation of the PSD2 (SCA on logins & payments)
- Obtention of a payment institution licence from the ACPR (french Prudential and
Resolution Control Authority)
- Automation of document controls and payment account openings (using OCR software, real-time sending of origin/destination requests for funds) => Average processing time divided by 10 in less than a year!
- Industrialization of processes (design of a new KYC workflow management module)
- Outsourcing of KYC/KYB to Romania (10 analysts)
- Conducting Compliance audits (PCI-DSS, Payment Schemes and Thresholds, Data quality, Closure of inactive or fictitious information accounts, ...)
- Communication (via Mailchimp) and follow-up with Lemon Way partners on necessary compliance actions
- Legal monitoring (KYC, AML/CFT, Internal Control, GDPR, ...)
- Writing procedures
- Member of the Data Protection Committee
- Member of the Executive Committee